Open the Admin menu
Start as follows:
- On Verifone terminals with a keypad, select 9 and then the Confirm key .
- On legacy models, select the Confirm key and then 9.
On Verifone terminals without keypad, select the Menu button en then Admin.
- Enter the passcode for the Admin menu and select Confirm.
Connect to Wi-Fi
- On the terminal display, select Configure network.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi toggle switch.
- Select the + icon to add a network. The terminal scans for Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose the desired network from the list and enter the Wi-Fi password, or select Add manually and enter the name (SSID) of the Wi-Fi network and the Wi-Fi password.
- Select the check mark to confirm.
The terminal sets the network as default automatically, and connects to it.
You'll now see a Wi-Fi icon at the top of the display.
After the terminal is boarded
If you need to change Wi-Fi usage after the terminal is boarded:
- Go to the Admin menu.
- Select Network > Wi-Fi. You can now:
- Turn Wi-Fi on or off using the Wi-Fi toggle switch.
- Change IP settings.
- Add another network as described above.
Defining a static IP address
To enable the payment integration with your POS a static IP adres is needed.
- On the connected terminal, open the Admin menu.
Select Network and then, depending on your connection type:
Connection type Select Wired Ethernet. Wireless Wi-Fi > select your Wi-Fi network > IP Settings. Bluetooth Bluetooth > select the external device > IP Settings.
- In IP Settings, turn off the DHCP toggle switch.
Enter your network details. To type a period (.), press 1 twice. Specify the following:
- IP address of the terminal - this must be unique in the network
- Subnet mask of the network
- IP address of the router
IP addresses of the preferred DNS server and the alternate DNS server
- Select the check mark (or Apply in some cases) to confirm.